- How much does service cost?
Price depends on geography. Service of process ranges from $55 to $135. Remote locations are more expensive. Cities and urban areas are less. ABC Legal charges per address, entity, and the number of cases being served.
- I am serving two defendants at the same address. Do I get a price break on the 2nd one?
We charge per defendant, per address, and per case. So, each party will be priced the same.
- How do I know if you serve in a particular area?
To find out if we serve in a specific area, follow this link and input your desired city, county, or state: https://www.abclegal.com/service-of-process/buy-now
- I need to serve someone, but don’t know their address. Can you find them for me?
Locating an individual, by law, requires “permissible purpose”. Therefore, we can only legal skip-trace for law firms or those who have retained a licensed attorney. You can place a skip trace order here: https://www.abclegal.com/skip-tracing/order
- How do I create an account with you?
An account is created when you place your first order on our website. If you are looking to place 100+ orders per month, you may prefer a billable account.
- I need someone served on a military base or in a prison/jail. Do you do that?
This depends on the base or jail/prison. Some allow process servers in, others do not. Some have specific requirements such as making an appointment with a base escort. Please check with the military base/jail directly to confirm.
- I need server names for my Motion and Order. How do I get those?
Please add this request in the "Additional Instruction" field when placing your order on our website. When ABC Legal is reviewing your order, we will provide you with the name of the servers that cover the address/region you are requesting.
- I'm ready to place an order. What's next?
Visit https://www.abclegal.com/service-of-process/order and search for the best price or place an order at the default price here: https://secure.abclegal.com/abc/customer/order/service
- I need to serve documents under the Hague Convention. Do you do that?
Yes, absolutely. To place an order for Hague Service, here’s a link to our International page. https://www.abclegal.com/international/hague-service-convention
- Do you serve outside the US?
In most cases, yes. Please reach out to our International team via email to email@example.com to find out if we can serve where you need.
- Why is my order showing Canceled?
Often, this happens because we are waiting for confirmation from you regarding whether we are to use electronic copies for service or if we are to wait for court-issued documents from your country’s Ministry of Justice.
- I need an update on my International order. Who can help?
For updates on International service of process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.