The Docketly Team, Longmont, CO (center) Founder, Brandon Fuller
Docketly was created and developed by a collection attorney and a software engineer in 2010 out of Longmont, Colorado. An accomplished software developer, Brandon Fuller modeled Docketly after the rapidly growing gig economy. This team of two saw that law firms and agencies, which practice primarily in creditor’s rights, needed to efficiently schedule high-quality attorneys to attend short procedural hearings in jurisdictions with varying locations. Travel to these hearings by the attorney of record had proven to be costly in terms of travel expenses, time lost and productivity. There had to be a better way--and from the desire to find a solution, Docketly was born.
ABC Legal and Docketly Merge
In 2017 ABC Legal acquired Docketly with Brandon remaining as CEO of Docketly until he was appointed to CTO of ABC Legal on September 8th of this year, and remains President of Docketly.
Brandon has an impressive resume of accomplishments. Prior to founding Docketly he was a software engineer for two different Silicon Valley networking companies, one sold to Cisco and the other recently to Verizon. In addition to building Docketly from the ground up, he single-handedly wrote all the software himself. It's probably why some of Docketly’s largest customers rave about their noticeable tech difference, including unsurpassed agility in problem-solving, tech innovations and customizations.
Dockely continues to use proprietary technology developed in-house to meet their goals. Their software, combined with a nationwide network of local collection attorneys, ensures low overhead costs, fast communications and constant compliance innovations guaranteed to meet the strictest of standards, even before they are required. The end result maximizes account liquidation by freeing up the valuable collection personnel and scheduling staff of Docketly clients.
The network attorneys at Docketly are FDCPA trained, experienced and held to a high standard for performance. They strive for the best results, thanks to the standardization of their system’s format and innovative technology, enabling fast, accurate and consistent reporting. Docketly attorneys are not merely faces in the courtroom, they know the court staff, judges and local rules.
Are You an Attorney Looking for Freelance Work?
Find a Hearing and Getting Started
Sign up and report where you want to cover and how you want to be informed. After a short onboarding, you’ll be sent hearings notifications that match your experience level and location.
Use The Docketly Attorney App
If you are a busy on-the-go attorney, the industry-leading mobile Docketly app is essential. You can use it to accept or reject hearings and even file reports. It’s free to download for Android, iPhone or tablet.
What Can Docketly Clients Count On?
- Agility: Docketly practices agile development. What this means for clients is continuous improvement based on customer feedback. The Docketly system is updated weekly with new features based on input from customers. Currently, Docketly is working with a UX design company to bring customers a system that is 100% user-friendly.
- Automation: Manually entering hearings into Docketly’s website is easy but, when you are posting hundreds of hearings, the process can become time-consuming. Docketly offers a number of flexible integrations to automate processes and reduce errors.
- Machine Learning: Docketly uses machine learning to predict behaviors and take proactive measures to avoid negative outcomes and ensure the best ones.
- Know your Attorney: Instantly access performance metrics. Get a real-time overview of how many hearings each attorney has covered, experience level, hearing outcomes and more.
- Customize your Network: When you find attorneys within our network who consistently deliver optimal results for you--set them as your preferred attorney.
- Pre-approved Pools: From time-to-time, clients want to only use pre-approved attorneys for hearing coverage. Pools are a feature that allows you to create a list of pre-approved attorneys for these client requests.
- Easy Audits: Stressful audits are a thing of the past. We offer a single-click solution that gathers all the necessary information for you.
Docketly is SOC 2 Certified
Docketly is proud to be the only SOC 2 certified appearance vendor. The SOC 2 audit report is based on AICPA’s existing Trust Services principles and criteria. The report evaluates an organization’s information systems relevant to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy. Docketly currently undertakes a SOC 2 Type I audit on an annual basis and can make the report available to current or potential customers upon execution of a non-disclosure agreement.
Currently, Docketly has over 10,000 attorneys in their nationwide network and it’s growing daily. Docketly validates attorneys for insurance, good standing, criminal background and more.
If you want to learn more about Docketly by joining their growing network of appearance counsel professionals, or you’re looking for appearance attorneys available nationwide head over to www.docketly.com. If you find this information insightful, sign up for our newsletter here so you can stay up to date on legal industry news, insight and technology.
You can join Brandon Fuller along with colleagues Sasha Mehlhase and Radley Angelo from ABC Legal Services for a free webinar Wednesday, October 28, 2020, at 11:30 a.m. PDT | 2:30 p.m. EDT called, “A New Day in Court: Technology and the Legal System.” Those interested can register for the free webinar here.
About ABC Legal Services
ABC Legal is the nation’s leading service of process and court filing company and is the official process server to the U.S. Department of Justice. Docketly is a subsidiary of ABC Legal, providing appearance counsel on a digital, custom-built platform that smoothly integrates with our applications and services. ABC Legal’s applications are cloud-based and compatible for use on desktop, browser and smartphones. Our solutions and digital approach ensure process server partners, law firm customers and their clients save valuable time and resources when serving legal notices safely and with maximum compliance, control and transparency. ABC Legal is based in Seattle, WA, with more than 2,000 process servers throughout the U.S., as well as internationally in more than 75 countries. To learn more about ABC Legal, our solutions and subsidiary company Docketly visit www.abclegal.com.