Under Manage Areas, you can select an area listed in Available Areas or Map and select "Claim Area" to be automatically assigned jobs there.
Areas are assigned by US Zip Codes, listing a payout per job and expected jobs per month.
When Can Areas Be Claimed?
When you have more Capacity than jobs per month assigned.
Capacity is your expected monthly work you have completed recently, adjusted by how well you've done in the past few months. Any time your Capacity is higher than jobs per month in your Assigned Areas, you can claim more areas.
The more frequently you make attempts, achieve services, while consistently meeting expectations, the faster you'll be able to increase your Capacity.If you want a busier zip code, you can drop any area that would give you enough room below your Capacity and it will be immediately available to you.
Staying On Top of Your Work
With every job, you must meet ABC Legal's Reporting and Timeliness Requirements, and expectations set by the courts and customers. Meaning if you want more quantity, than keep up the quality. If you have more work than you can do well, it's better that you release an area rather than keep missing expectations.
It will never negatively impact your standing to release a zip code, so find a balance and adjust it over time.
- Area: Areas are determined by US Zip Codes. Some zip codes cross county lines, in which case they are split into multiple areas.
- Jobs per Month: The number of jobs we received in that area in the last 30 days.
- Assigned Area: If an area is assigned to you, all services we receive here will automatically be sent to you. These will show up as black pins on the map with a P (for Primary).
- Available Areas: Any area that does not have a server assigned to it will be shown on this list or on the map as green pins with a P (for Primary).
- Monthly Capacity: Shown in your Profile, this is the amount of Assigned Areas you can take on, measured in jobs per month. This number is affected by recent jobs you have completed, and adjusted based on the quality of your work. This number does not impact your ability to claim available jobs.
The entire ecosystem is based on you attempting jobs quickly and efficiently, and resolving orders in a timely manner. In order to get more work, you must do quality work! Follow these helpful guidelines so that you can make the most of your time in the field.
- Keep Your Areas Tight: Your areas don't have to be near your home - most of us commute to work! But, in the interest of saving your own time and gas, try to keep your assigned area as close together as you can.
- Try Various Times: Depending on people's work and hobbies, there will be numerous times of the day when they are not home. Top scoring process servers get their documents delivered by going to the same address at different times of the day each time they visit.
- Turn on Notifications: Get notified when new areas are available near you by adjusting this setting on your notifications.
- Don't Overwork Yourself: Quality over quantity! Or rather, quality before quantity. Operate at a consistently high level to open up more opportunity.
- Attempt More Frequently: It's required to make attempts at least every other day, but more frequent attempts means more orders coming your way.
You have the ability to release any area that is currently in your Areas Assigned List. To release an area, select the tab "My Areas" to show your list, select the area you no longer wish to receive work in, and press "Release Area". Once released, it will be available to other servers, and keep in mind choosing to release an area is solely your decision and you may not be able to get it back once gone.