Under Manage Areas, you can select an area listed in Available Areas or Map and select "Claim Area" to be automatically assigned jobs there.
When Can Areas Be Claimed?
When you have enough Capacity.
Capacity is your expected monthly work you have completed recently, adjusted by how well you've done it.
Any time your Capacity is higher than jobs per month in your Assigned Areas, you can claim more areas. If you want a busier zip code, you can drop any area that would give you enough room below your Capacity and it will be immediately available to you.
Areas are assigned by US Zip Codes, and each area lists a payout per job and an expected jobs per month. The more frequently you make attempts and achieve services, the faster you'll be able to increase your Capacity.
Staying On Top of Your Work
With every job, you must meet ABC Legal's Reporting and Timeliness Requirements. There are also expectations set by the courts and customers that have to be adhered to. We also require that process servers help us work through any and all complaints we receive in regards to services.
Every job must be completed honestly and with a high degree of quality. We would always rather that you release an area if you are overloaded and missing expectations. In serving, as well as in every profession, there is a limit to how much each individual can do well. We want you to be comfortable with your work, and it will never negatively impact your standing to release a zip code. We encourage you to find a balance and adjust it over time as you are able to devote more or less time to serving documents.
- Area: Areas are determined by US Zip Codes. Some zip codes cross county lines, in which case they are split into multiple areas. For this reason the county is also listed along with the zip code.
- Jobs per Month: This is the number of jobs we received in that area in the last 30 days.
- Jobs Available: These are groups of jobs that need someone to serve them. If your paperwork is in order, and you aren't overdue on too many orders, these will always be available to claim. These will show ups as green pins with a J (for Jobs).
- Assigned Area: If an area is assigned to you, all services we receive here will automatically be sent to you. These will show up as black pins on the map with a P (for Primary).
- Available Areas: Any area that does not have a server assigned to it will be shown on this list or on the map as green pins with a P (for Primary).
- Monthly Capacity: Shown in your Profile, this is the amount of Assigned Areas you can take on, measured in jobs per month. This number is affected by recent jobs you have completed, and adjusted based on the quality of your work. This number does not impact your ability to claim available jobs.
The entire ecosystem is based on you attempting jobs quickly and efficiently, and resolving orders in a timely manner. In order to get more work, you must do quality work! Follow these helpful guidelines so that you can make the most of your time in the field.
- Keep Your Areas Tight: Your areas don't have to be near your home - most of us commute to work! But, in the interest of saving your own time and gas, try to keep your assigned area as close together as you can.
- Attempt When People Are Home: A lot of people work a traditional 9-5 job. That means they'll be occupied by a commute and working hours a lot of the day. Top scoring process servers generally resolve the most jobs before 8am and after 6pm.
- Check Your Areas Regularly: Check once a week, or once a day, but we recommend regularly looking at available areas until you have found the right fit for you.
- Don't Overwork Yourself: Quality over quantity! Or rather, quality before quantity. Operate at a consistently high level to open up more opportunity.
- Attempt More Frequently: It's required to make attempts at least every other day, but more frequent attempts means more orders coming your way.
- Weekends: What can we say - People tend to be home on Saturdays!
You have the ability to release any area that is currently in your Areas Assigned List. To release an area, select the tab "My Areas" to show your list, select the area you no longer wish to receive work in, and press "Release Area". Once released, it will be available to other server, and Keep in mind choosing to release an area is solely your decision as a server and you may not be able to get it back once gone.