What ABC Mobile Looks for on Every Submission
A process server shall make attempts on each job within 48 hours of receipt and within every 48 hours after. Services or attempts at service at an address should be submitted according to ABC Legal reporting requirements:
- Using the ABC Mobile app
- At the service location
- With the device's GPS turned on
- Submitted immediately following the service or attempt
- A photo accompanying each reported activity
The only exception to the above requirements is when safety is at risk. A process server may leave the area and record the event details - including how the scenario became unsafe - once they have retreated to a safe location.
Taking PicturesThe pictures you take in the field help support your attempts and services. Photos should include unique attributes to the address, such as:
- House numbers
- Vehicles on the premises
- Packages clearly visible with the subject's name
- An overall view of the property or address
- The documents themselves in the case of a posting
- Anything that adds evidence to observations you reported, such as broken windows or overgrown plants in the case of reporting a vacancy.
Avoid taking pictures of:
- The interior of your car
- Trees or obstacles that block the view of the property or house numbers
Note: You can take pictures before and/or after a submission in ABC Mobile.
Not Meeting Reporting Requirements
If these requirements are not regularly met, a hold will be placed on future work being dispatched to you and areas will be reassigned. To prevent this make sure to manage your workload carefully. You decide how many areas you work, and those areas will always tell you the expected jobs per month.
In the Event of a Transgression
If you ever submit an attempt that is flagged as a transgression, it is necessary that you respond explaining why it occurred. If you choose not to respond, the order cannot progress until you do. ABC Legal is unable to process any proof that is waiting on the "Respond to Notifications" instruction. You must go to your Notifications tab in ABC Mobile (or log in online to respond) and provide an answer.