Alabama General

Attempting a New Address

In Alabama, you may never attempt service at any address other than what is specified on the summons - the same address that will appear in your app. If you receive a better address for the servee from a contact, simply include that information when you submit a bad address so that we can get a new summons. You may not attempt at a new address or neutral location until the summons has been edited.

Refusal of Service

An individual in Alabama may refuse service of process, in which case we cannot serve them. After a defendant has refused service select "Bad Address" in the app and follow the steps to indicate that the individual does live there but refused service.

Select “Documents Received” as soon as you receive the documents.

Documents Received Button

A “received” date will automatically be generated on your proofs based on the day and time you select “documents received” in the Mobile App. 

Make sure to mark the documents received as soon as you have them in your possession. If you forget this step and have to mark received right before making a service - or worse, afterwards - it will cause the validity of the document to come in to question and it could be rejected by the court.